Skip to main content

the kz zse

These earphones were a little bit smaller in reality than they had seemed to me in the pictures. Turns out this is a positive as they are meant to fit snugly inside the antihelix of your ear like in the picture, not outside.

Someone at kz definitely smiled when they managed to put bass like this in such neat enclosures. You can feel the bass in your ears which isn't usually my thing but despite that I found myself with a grin on my face too.


The zse might be bassy but they're not a compromise. Piano came through clearly and fully when I was listening to Oh! You Pretty Things as well as other tracks on David Bowie's Hunky Dory. Accidentally gave myself chills while scrolling through the other Bowie albums and sticking on Ziggy Stardust.
 
I found that Kids With Guns (Quiet Village Remix) by the Gorillaz highlighted the good drums the zse throws at you.

The instruments on A Fan's Mail (Tron Song Suite II) by Thundercat were nice and full. I find that the zse achieves a wider sound than other earphones I've tried and I think the whole Drunk album is good at showcasing this.

Lastly, the zse is perfectly capable of the heavy bass and fast pace of Iglooghost's Neo Wax Bloom where I liked Bug Thief the most.

Comments